FACULTY, STAFF, AND STUDENTS
UF offers a variety of services and units to assist international students with their application and studies. For assistance in the following areas, please follow the website links.
- Go to the UF International Center for travel information
- TeamAssist Emergency Assistance Program
- U.S. Passports & Travel - Bureau of Consular Affairs
- Health - CDC and Prevention
- Hosting Visitors and Scholars
International visitors are important in providing opportunities for networking of University of Florida faculty and students with international contacts. UF/IFAS Units, Faculty and IFAS Global host many types of short term and long term visitors. Each Center, Department, County Extension Office and/or Faculty member hosting an international visitor is responsible for the coordination of programs and logistics for their visitors and students, including identifying appropriate housing.
For specific information on short term and long term visitor visa requirements visit UFIC Exchange Visitor Services for detailed information, or call the UF International Center (UFIC) at 352- 392-5323.
IFAS Global can provide assistance to the hosting unit in identifying contacts or opportunities with IFAS on campus.
Finding housing for short-term visitors can often be challenging. You will want to check into the individual arrangements to assure appropriateness for your visitor. Below are some resource Web sites that you may find useful when looking for short term housing. (The list below does not indicate UF endorsement, but is a suggested reference.)
- Reitz Union Hotel
- University of Florida Conference Center-Hilton
- The Lodge
- Paramount Plaza Hotel
- Holiday Inn-Gainesville
- Academic Support Services
International graduate students have different requirements for entering studies at UF. To assist with the process of application, contact the UF Graduate School at: http://www.graduateschool.ufl.edu/admissions/international-applicants/
UF offers these resources to help international students improve their English skills:
- English Language Institute: The English Language Institute assists prospective and current graduate students with both short-term and long-term programs for improving their English skills.
- UF Academic Spoken English: The Academic Spoken English program is a part of UF’s English Language Institute. It assists graduate students in building their ability to speak English in the classroom.
- Hosting International Students
The University of Florida assists international students in a variety of ways through their International Student Services Office. If you need assistance with travel, visas or on-campus employment opportunities, contact them at their website: http://www.ufic.ufl.edu/ISS/index.html